Who we are: Association Mundus Bulgaria
Association Mundus Bulgaria is an organization that works in network with Associacion Mundus (ES).
Mundus Bulgaria has been created since its team felt the need to expand its activities across borders and has decided to undertake the creation of a new structure in a way to spread better the EU values and principles among a larger number of individual learners, as well as to consolidate their efforts for working in service of the well being of society.
The ambition is as well to expand the work in network and to involve as much organizations from different countries in order to spread all around the same civic values as they share.
- To coordinate and manage projects for national and international mobility, exchanges and training programs;
- To develop spiritual values, civil society, education and culture;
- To support and promote training activities for young people on issues related to European citizenship and active participation in civil society;
- To educate citizenship among individuals all across Europe;
- To promote sporting values and encourage the better practice of physical activity among the population;
- To create platforms for exchange of information, cooperation and support for fostering the better integration of citizens as part of the European Union;
- To promote and develop programs for career orientation, social, cultural and labor market integration of individuals and other groups at risk of exclusion;
- To provide support learners and especially to young adults who need career orientations;
- To promote and develop programs for better understanding between different cultures and the design of relevant projects;
- To promote the right to active civic participation, in order to improve their quality of life within diverse local communities in Bulgaria and around Europe;
- To promote volunteering as a tool for society development and achievement of economic growth;
- To increase the European dimension of Bulgarian civil society through international cooperation.
The main scope of Mundus Bulgaria is
the preparation of programs for social and professional integration of individuals, young adults with fewer opportunities and other vulnerable groups, as well as those at risk of social exclusion. Moreover, the association works to support the development and promotion of valuable cultural and sport programs for youth and adults, support the implementation of international educational exchange programs, preparation and management of projects for international learning mobility, etc. The organization promotes and supports the sport and volunteering movements and is aimed at strengthening the spirit of cooperation among nations.
Moreover, Association Mundus Bulgaria works closely with the Drug and Addictions Prevention center (managed by the Municipality of Stara Zagora). Both structures organize various prevention campaigns for the local population, cooperate with local schools and other structures meant to support young adults in reaching better everyday life quality.