Building healthy communities, changing opportunities Project
THE MAIN PROJECT AIM
To promote voluntary activities in sport, together with social inclusion and equal opportunities through increased participation and equal access to sport for all.
WHAT IT IS ABOUT
The main working phases, dedicated to local actions, include:
- Selection of a team of local delegates;
- Organization and implementation of local training and workshop dedicated to the use of ETS methodology for them;
- Local presentations, workshops and awareness-raising actions, led by partner organizations and the teams of local delegates, in view of involving the local youth populations and youngsters with fewer opportunities in sport activities and in lifelong learning processes.
Documentation of the implemented local activities is planned, in view of publication of best practices, that shall serve to fellow structures and educational practitioners willing to expand their competences for promoting sport and volunteering across Europe.
EXPECTED RESULTS AND IMPACT
- Stronger involvement on local level for promoting volunteering and the use of sport for work with young
- Put in practice ETS methodology for work with youth, so to strengthen youth participation, volunteering
in sports and sport as a tool for achieving social change;
- Improved capacities to advocate for enhancing the sporting culture, sport for all and volunteering.
- Increased level of competences for promoting the sporting culture, ETS and active involvement in sports
while working with youth;
- Higher abilities to perform in the sport and youth field thanks to understanding of ETS Methodology;
- Better awareness of the use of sports as tools for achieving life changes and sustainable social
transformations such as healthy behaviour, youth participation, etc.
EXPECTED IMPACT FOR SOCIETY
- Better involvement of young people in sport activities;
- Better promotion of sports culture;
- Increased physical activeness and frequent sport practice, thus healthy behaviours thanks to stronger
participation in sports;
- Strengthened volunteering involvement in sports, its better image and increased understanding of its
- Better engagement of young people in community actions related to sports.